Friday, December 7, 2012

Looking Forward

So since last night I wrote about the things I'll miss when I leave this place, I thought this morning I would write about the things I'm looking forward to going home. Most of these will be super shallow, but who cares?

I cannot wait to run into the arms of my family.
I cannot wait to hug my mom. She's one of the best huggers in the world.
I cannot wait to laugh until I cry with my best friend and sister, Heather.
I cannot wait to talk about life and the Word of God with the Cordells.
I cannot wait to make an awkward meal with Amber.
I cannot wait to try to figure out what we're going to do with our day with Steph.
I cannot wait to spend Christmas with my family: my sisters, parents and nieces and nephews.
I cannot wait to eat meat again.
I cannot wait to drive.
I cannot wait to take a shower and actually feel clean.
I cannot wait to wear clean clothes.
I cannot wait to feel the cold December air that tells me it's Christmas time.
I cannot wait to be back in my church, with the people who have become my family over the past almost 5 years.
I cannot wait to worship with the body.
I cannot wait to see Josiah and Caleb (who I'm sure have grown way too much over the last 4 months)
I cannot wait for Christmas and everything that goes with it,
I just cannot wait to be home.

As much as I will miss this place and so many things about it. I miss my home and my family and everything I love there.

Oh, and I cannot wait to share with all of you how God has changed my heart and life in these last months.

until all have heard,
lauren michelle gross

No comments:

Post a Comment