Sunday, December 23, 2012

Brilliant Light

This will not be a post where I talk about how much I miss Africa (even though I do!)

There's this question that everyone asks me: How was your trip?

I hate that question. Not because I don't have an answer, but because I have too many answers and not enough words to express the vast range of emotions that go through me whenever I think about it.

But last night I went with Heather to see the fireworks. And I had a revelation. My trip and everything it entailed was like a firework. Brilliant light. Dazzling. Explosions of color. Loud noises. Joy so deep you can't tell where it started. Excitement. Laughter. So many other things.

But just like fireworks, you have to be there to truly understand it. If you didn't see it for yourself, there really aren't enough words to express what you saw and felt. You can try, but no one will understand till try see for themselves.

So when I am asked how was your trip, those are all the things I want to say. And so many more. It was a dazzling display of brilliant light that you can't even begin to imagine.

Until all have heard,
lauren michelle gross

No comments:

Post a Comment